The BSNL Apps is a one stop shop for all BSNL Mobile (2G/2.5G/3G) customers to purchase and download applications for use on their handsets. An application is a software which you can download onto your handset for personal use e.g. Calorie Calculator etc.
You should have GPRS facility activated on your mobile and you need to visit BSNL Live WAP Portal. A “BSNL Apps” icon is available on the BSNL Live Home page for you to access the various applications.
1. Click “BSNL Apps” icon on the BSNL Live home page.
2. On the BSNL Apps home page select from the menu of applications.
3. On selecting a specific category from the menu you would then be presented a list of available applications which you can download under that category.
4. On selecting any specific application you would then be presented with the details of the application along with the price.
5. Some applications are available for Free and would display only a "Download" option with Zero price point.
6. You would then need to click/select the Buy or Download; the application would begin to download on your mobile.
7. The application will install on your handset. After the install is complete, you will see the option to 'Start Now?' depending on your handset.
8. If you select 'Yes' the application will start.
9. If you select 'No' you will be back to the Apps Store Receipt page. Here you can click on “Apps Store" link to go back to the BSNL Apps home page.
The browsing & downloading of content / application will be as per your data plan and you would be charged for the content only when you download a particular application on your handset. For browsing you will be charged separately and for download you would be charged only when you download a particular application on your handset. The charges vary by application. These charges are displayed before you actually download. The following charging models are currently used:
a. Free download
b. One-time payment – you are charged one time prior to download.
c. Subscription payment – can be per month, per week or per day. Per month model gives you an initial 30 day access to the application with automatic 30 day renewals till you cancel. Similarly per week gives you 7 day access and per day gives you 24 hour access.
d. Data charges for browsing/Downloading/network-aware apps are extra & as per Data plan opted by you.
Click on My Purchases link on Apps Store to see the list of purchases. If the application is a subscription application then you will see when the subscription is activated till and what the renewal period is (i.e. monthly, weekly or daily).
This is a handset Feature. Some handsets may prompt you to define where you would want the application to be saved. In case you have already made some settings the application may download itself on to the preferred location in your Handset.
The application would be saved as an Icon on your preferred location where it has been saved. You would need to click on the icon and select the delete or remove menu. In case you do not get these options directly you might need to delete the application through Mobile desktop Manager which comes bundled with your handset.
If you have a Nokia handset, please look for the app in Menu > Applications > My Own. For other handsets please look in the Games or Applications folder. Otherwise, please try the Search function on the handset.
If the download process has not completed due to any reason you can visit the Apps Store Home Page again and click on the ‘My Purchases’ link to re-download another 2nd time without any extra charges for the application.
• Unknown error
• Failed: Invalid file
• Unable to download/install
• Operation failed
• Compulsory attributes missing
• Download failed
• Incorrect description
• 904 size mismatch
• Invalid content
• Blank white page appears
• Freezes while launching
• Incorrect language
• Does not fit the screen
• Certificate Error
• Authentication Error/Failure
A. In all probability this would be a handset related issue. You should do some basic checks would need to be done to ensure that your handset is capable to download the applications.
• To check that there is enough memory on your handset.
• Time and date should be correctly configured.
• Clear the cache on your handset as per the instructions given in the handset manual.
You should download the application again from 'My Purchase' Section on BSNL Apps. In case you are still not able to download the application please contact our GPRS Technical Helpdesk. (Raise Service Request in case the complaint is still not resolved.)
A. You can cancel an application subscription in one of the following ways:
1. You will receive a subscription renewal reminder text message. Click on the link in the message to cancel your subscription.
2. Go to My Purchases link on BSNL Apps, find the application you want to cancel and click 'Cancel'.
3. Call BSNL Customer care.
There will be no further charges on your account for the application. You will have access to the application till the end of the current access period. E.g. if you canceled on the 15th day of a monthly subscription then you will have access to the application till the 30th day.